Sunday 6 May 2007

The National Day of Meh-e-co

Apologises for my bad accent there! But yes, apparently yesterday was the National day of Mexico (thanks for the tip Toast!). However we were a bit short of time & preparation yesterday as we had to have a big clean for friends of my mum & dad popping around for the first time since we moved in two years ago and I went for a big chop, my locks are now short, a bit layered and more versatile.

So the poor excuses over, for tea we had some tortilla chips served with a layer of bean salsa, a layer of tomato salsa and cheese - served with spring onion as the chilli I *thought* we had was not as edible as it once was. Served with sour cream, guacamole & refried beans.
For the main course we had fajitas - the filling was quorn mince, peppers and red onion, chopped tomatoes and a mexican seasoning. Again, served with sour cream, guacamole & refried beans.
We forgot the Corona too but made up for it with a very nicely chilled white wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, this looks good! We did Mole Poblano de Guajolote but I didn't enjoy it that much. I'm glad we did something different but it was a lot of effort for something not that great!