Thursday 26 April 2007

Wednesday night cook in

Wednesday nights are great at the moment. First at 8pm we have Neneh & Andi which is an absolutely great non-chef foodie programme.

Followed by some Sweet Baby James - whilst I think the title is quite poor, I do have a small thing for James so I have to watch...

Followed up by The Apprentice, not as good as past years in my humble opinion but I do watch (normally whilst on the 'bag).

And at 10pm we have the finale, Desperate Housewives, I just love this programme & there's not many on telly that gets me cheering & laughing quite so much (Susan & Mike have to get back together!).

A bottle of wine always goes down on a Wednesday too - ahem.

Anyway, back to the food. I went a bit mad last night & made:

  • Bruschetta (toasted ciabatta for ease, & mixed up some tomatoes, garlic & red onion with a small amount of olive oil, serve with a dash of balsamic vinegar)
  • Asparagus & Lemon Risotto (yum) care of Nigel Slater
  • Chocolate Chip Muffins thanks to Nigella's recipe here
  • I also heated through some ciabatta & onion bhajis for lunch today (based on a Philpotts favourite of ours - ciabatta, hoummous, onion bhaji & spicy mango chutney)
Here are a few pics of the risotto & muffins
The muffins are quite nice but not as sweet as we expected so may try another recipe next time.

And here are some tulips Hubby bought on Tuesday after a small reminder that it was our two-monthiversay.

No comments: